View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2003, 16:53 (Ref:572260)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see why there should be. The only one that left that might have given PT a challenge was Da Matta, and I think Bourdais has filled his shoes as well as could be expected. He's been faster than Paul in quali, and no doubt will be on his tail in the races shortly.

Is the field diluted? From 1995 yes, but I'd say only marginally from last year. The top 12 guys still posts times within about a second of each other, and there has been some very close battles in the races. If you're one of those top 12 and you can win races then you must be doing something right.

Paul's just really hooked up this year. He finally has his whole team behind him and the car he's always wanted. He's never had a racing situation this good, and he's at the peak of his physical fitness. Race wins will naturally come.

Last edited by Jay; 17 Apr 2003 at 16:54.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes