View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2011, 21:06 (Ref:2928270)   #12
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know what all the moaning about the P1s is all about. The prototype battles were probably better than the GT battles at Sebring and Lime Rock. Ok, there aren't very many of them (all Lolas of various kinds) and none of them are groundbreaking models, but the racing has been pretty close between the Cytosport Aston and the #16 Dyson. The #20 car is fast with Kane behind the wheel. I think Cytosport will have an edge on Dyson at a fast track like Mosport, but we'll see what happens. The Autocon car could be strong, but it is hard to say what will happen with it given that it has a revised engine design with isobutanol now.

Ok, the lack of interesting battles in GT this year probably has a lot to do with Risi's struggles and Corvette's crashes. The BMW has been reigned in, we'll see how that impacts their game.

I certainly did not have a problem with the GTC show last year at Mosport. The Miller car was quite fast until getting knocked off by Cocker (I think he got a penalty for that) and the Lawson Aschenbach/Shane Lewis car took the win. Lawson is money in a Porsche, I don't know why he does not have a GTE ride somewhere. He also has an engineering degree from one of the top US universities. I know he has a contract with GM, but they are letting him rot at the moment. At least put him back in the Cadillac WC car as he is a former champion of that series.