View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2017, 20:23 (Ref:3763284)   #34
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
D.R.T., Renault would have to have an open seat, as well as be a step up from Force India, for Ocono to look at going there.

Perez may have backing, but I put him on the hook for the Montreal, Hungaroring, AND Spa issues, plus that "optimistic" barge into the Toro Rosso at Monaco. Of the two, Perez has proven to be a significantly greater liability to the team.

BJS, I find the timing a bit tight as well.

NBU38, I also realized that Turns 3-4 of the oval are now effectively decreasing-radius, because of the realignment of the first portion of the front straight.

I honestly don't know that I'd actually be looking forward to IndyCar at Mexico City all that much. It might be interesting the first year, but the layout was totally redone for F1, and it shows. Most corner apexes are more acute (makes the turns slower), and every corner has been reprofiled. Oddly enough, compared to when ChampCar/CART ran there in 2002-07, F1 has actually narrowed the track.

I'd guess IndyCar would forego the Foro Sol stadium section; I just wish they would not put a chicane on the approach to the Peraltada. As it is, the approach to that turn is slower than it was for CC/CART, because the Esses are substantially slower; I'm sure the last real corner in that bunch wouldn't be taken in 5th gear anymore.