View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4054263)   #73
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's a "tailgate" brisket recipe that uses a well trimmed flat and can be cooked in around 4- hours. Usually I get a full packer brisket and butcher it myself in to the point and the flat. Flat is the leaner piece, often a rectangle with just the thin fat cap, the point is where the deadly and oh so tasty fatty bits are. Harder to carve as the grain moves a bit but much better marbling and what I always request at Das BBQ here, first cut brisket at 11 am and it's 50/50 meat to fat with lots of pepper and smoke.

But yes, brisket also warms nicely although you lose a bit of the bark as you want to warm it with some liquid usually beef stock.

And you've seen me cook, I'm not trying to test something there and eff it up. That wasn't the first time I had made the pork belly roast on the rotisserie and grilled sweet potatoes in the fat dripping from 2019. That was the third one. The wife is already prepping new recipes for the fall and testing 2 new cookies. But she's professional so maybe a bit more pressure when you're selling it.