View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2021, 02:14 (Ref:4054662)   #887
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The announcement of a mid season debut of the Gen3 car is nothing short of a disaster.

Whatever marketing capital there is in the new shapes of cars, the new news around additional REC entries, new liveries and the wholesale newness of a new pair of cars will be washed out in the midst of NRL, AFL and every other sport edging towards their grand finals. Plus the exhaustion of hype about the new car that seems just so far away.

An absolute monumental #%^*up

Teams now have to run their existing chassis for longer, keep engine programs going for longer. And may now not have the opportunity to exit their current chassis to fund the Gen3 cars. If Super2 isn’t running these cars next year at all then who will buy them?

A monumental s%^*show that in a traditional commercial environment would see the exit of not only the CEO but any number of those directly responsible.

Mr Cochrane has expressed his disappointment, calling the mid season change a “disgrace”

Which it absolutely is.

Not good enough by any measure.
And gagging the team owners perhaps on the provision of soft loans to convert their equipment isn't the answer either.

If someone like Mr Jones, with arguably a bigger inventory of existing gear than any other team, and a need to replace it all, was asked for his true thoughts on this.. what might they be?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House