View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2021, 18:56 (Ref:4056885)   #37
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
I don't know what the attending fan experience is like or the viewing figures for that matter, but as a TV spectacle Detroit has to be the dullest venue on the ISMA schedule, and by some margin. Racing hasn't been great, as far as I can recall. And the track just looks like a corridor of concrete, each corner looking like the next. The only time when the audience sees anything else but grey concrete and ad banners is when the director takes us completely away from the action for some landscape shots (usually of the Chevrolet building). This is often the issue with street circuits, but places like Long Beach or Baltimore actually had some features visible from track cameras as well as onboards.
I think GM, and Penske when he was running in IMSA, were the main backers of having a Detroit race. But now that Penske is in charge at Indy, maybe he can draw the race over there instead. I guess the Indy Roval is better than Detroit??