View Single Post
Old 22 Jan 2008, 04:43 (Ref:2111013)   #7
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ever since the irl was officially announced in 1994, people to this day continue to put out great ideas, fantasy schedules, et. al, but it is tony george who has held everything back with his unconditional surrender terms. Remember the amigos, especially Mr. Kalkoven have negotiated several times with tg to no avail. Tg I believe from his actions will allow open wheel racing to burn to the ground & doesn't give a damn, as long as he has total control.

Until the day comes when he goes back to running the speedway and stops playing dr. mengele with open wheel racing, is the day when all these great ideas can blossom into something great.

The ultimate irony is, assuming champcar disappears, when tg has total control, he also has total responsibility and I seriously doubt he will do anything to advance the sport. There will be no one else to blame when it all grinds to a halt.

I am still optimistic that open wheel can rise again. Not everyone wants Nascar. I believe a series that embraces all the innovation and diversity that made it great years ago can be popular again.