View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2009, 07:06 (Ref:2531700)   #24
aws
Rookie

aws should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jon, as someone who prepares cars for customers i should be happy that its all getting more serious and people want to win, yes we all do, but at what cost, 2.1 ltr MGB's FIA spec!!! we all like to read the rules our way or just ignore tham but it has to stop,
part of the problem maybe the organisers, there was a time when clubs were run for the members by the members, but a lot of racing is run as a business, this is great because if something goes wrong you can moan at them but the bottom line is its a business and they need to make money to keep going and they cant afford to turn half the grid away (not saying half the cars are bent .. but you know what i mean). I was at Donington and for sure they couldnt of made much that day.

I guess its down to the owners and preparers to sort out the cars, if you want something with all the twiddle bits, bells n whistles then you should have a radical not a historic, otherwise you just end up with very expensive silhouette, we have to keep these cars as close to 'as was' as possible as said before cant see many historic radicals in 20 years time