View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2009, 08:12 (Ref:2531720)   #25
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said AWS,we all know what the problems are and where they come from,usually over inflated ego's are one source!As you mentioned them,the MGB has been targeted by Masters this season [I only use this as a reference before anyone get's on their high horse] to the point of imposing the 50kg ballast penalty for those cars running more than the prescribed [FIA] limit of 1853cc.What has happened? most of the regular Masters cars have gone elsewhere to the point that Masters are now trying to get more Bs on the grid [only legal one's thank you] this alone points to the fact there were obviously quite a few bent one's to start with! As you said,it is down to the owners/prepper's to put their faith in their own ability as drivers/engine builders not to have to rely on cheating to get the job done.As has been said many times over the years,it still boil's down to the Organizer to police these cars whether they are E-Type's,Cobra's whatever.It's a very difficult task to sort out the bent cars/maintain grid size's purely because there are soooo many of them.

Now I'll stand back waiting for the incoming!