Thread: WEC Rebellion Racing
View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2013, 07:35 (Ref:3259235)   #116
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
About hybrid, engine spec

LE MANS: Q&A With Rebellion’s Bart Hayden
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-bart-hayden1/
Interesting times.

Sounds as if Toyota's blessing is forthcoming.
They're either confident in Rebellion/Oreca not being an outright contender, or satisfied with that being a possibility.

Interesting also that they've inferred it's a blank-slate design.

Quote:
Q: Is the Rebellion R-One derived from the stillborn ORECA 02 project?

HAYDEN: That was one of my first questions. But the answer I was given was that the regulations are so radically different that there's not much that really translates directly from that design. In some ways, that's quite refreshing because you're getting something current and not having been mothballed. I think that's a positive thing.

Q: What are the R-One’s engine specifications?

HAYDEN: It's too early to really say on that. Clearly, the engine that we have is reliable and it would be a good base to start from. But with the new regulations being written around fuel efficiency, there's a fairly big debate at the moment of whether it's better to go large displacement, normally aspirated or smaller displacement turbo.

If you look at where we are, we're sort of towards the larger displacement N/A at the moment. We think there are some advantages of that but clearly some packaging disadvantages. It's a tough one to know which way one will go. We need to see where Toyota comes and what they suggest. They're doing the studies at the moment and we'll trust them in what they decide.