View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2000, 11:06 (Ref:37501)   #4
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was standing in pit lane at Oran Park as the V8 pit crews were setting up. A guy from one team said to another team that it would be their last time at Oran Park. When questioned why he said that Oran Park was not going to be on the 2001 calender because OP weren't willing to provide the first class pits asked for by all the V8 teams.

It seems that street races are all the rage, probably because Cochrane has full control. I hope OP doesn't lose the round because without the big drawcards our tracks will end up becoming housing estates like Amaroo. OP is a great spectator track too. Street circuits are only good for TV.

It will end up hurting the up and coming drivers too because even now OP and EC are lucky to have one practice day available per month and for the last few months they have chosen the same day. It becomes hard for young guys without big budgets to be able to practice.

As for the V8's. I like gomicks idea on the points for support races. Stops them wheeling out the crappy cars. Do you mean qualifying like Superbikes/Toca you start where you qualified for each sprint? I like it. I don't like the 3 spint races much I prefer 2 races on Sunday and some good supports.