Thread: IMSA IMSA : 2019
View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2018, 13:13 (Ref:3840852)   #376
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is willing to play ball with IndyCar about continuing the Belle Isle race and has made a counter proposal. Basically, DNR wants:

• A little higher park use fee, $310,000 a year instead of the $300,000 a year offered by race organizers.

• A larger contribution to the park. Organizers offered to give $50,000 as DNR deems appropriate plus $35,000 for paddock projects/programming. DNR wants $100,000 a year to be spent as it deems appropriate.

• Stronger contract usage on set up and tear down time limits (62 day max), including a guarantee that access to park roadways and features be restricted for no more than 21 days.

• Limits on where the television helicopter can fly.

A USA Today story is available here. A deal between the organizers and the state seems likely, which means for better or worse that IMSA is likely going back to Detroit for the next few years.
I'll call it for worse

We are getting the schedule tomorrow and I was looking forward to the Belle Isle replacement, but now I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up.