Thread: IMSA IMSA : 2019
View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 2018, 16:15 (Ref:3841146)   #384
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Funny thing is that the idea of splitting the classes was started by LMP2 teams saying they could not compete with DPIs. Then they started to do so, and the DPI teams got whiny and started to promote the idea themselves while the other side started getting quiet. In the end its a cluster-you-know-what. I think splitting it is a bad idea. Risk going back to the ALMS days with 4-6 car classes, where a podium may not mean that much.

Because of a class split you can have races on the calendar where DPI runs a and LMP2 does not now. Maybe LMP2 will only have an 8 race schedule like LMPC did.
Half the lmp2 teams can't even race every round anyway so I don't think a split is a bad idea. They should just speed them up to privateer lmp1 speeds and open up the entries to them for the NAEC. I suggested this in the beginning. Of course they're not going to listen to a couple internet posts but it looks like the split is happening, so why not?