View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2020, 01:49 (Ref:3956892)   #39
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

i cant tell if the red star for Niki is still on the engine cover or not (i hope it is).
I cant tell to be honest, but I do know that when it was introduced Toto said that the tribute was a forever move, as was the red Niki Lauda Autograph facsimile on the nose cone.
Quote:
Mercedes will keep the red three-pointed star on its Formula 1 car's engine cover and facsimile Niki Lauda autograph on the nose permanently.

Those livery tweaks and a red halo were adopted for the Monaco Grand Prix weekend in tribute to the team's non-executive chairman Lauda after his death earlier this week.

While the halo colour change is temporary, Mercedes motorsport chief Toto Wolff said the other Lauda touches would stay.

"I'm really happy how we started off this weekend with the red halo, and the little star - which is going to stay on the car forever - and the signature. It was nicely done," he said when asked about the livery changes by Autosport.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...ar-permanently

I also hope they have kept it s promised.