Thread: Team Ferrari: in F1
View Single Post
Old 13 Jul 2020, 09:33 (Ref:3987857)   #426
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really don't understand why everyone thinks Ferrari is so important and deserves special treatment. They are just a long-standing team that has had some good times and some bad times.

Yet they get financial and other favours from the FIA/FOM/F1. Commentators keep saying that F1 needs Ferrari to be successful, they get excited when they are and bemoan their failures. I could/should/would be unaffected by it all but the contrarian in me results in me enjoying Ferrari's discomfort. Not because of the team themselves but because everyone else is fawning over them.

The off-season "agreement" over last year's engines shows the favouritism they enjoy. No other team gets to keep their misdemeanours under wraps. Clearly the 2019 Ferrari engine was illegal in some way, yet they have kept all their points from last year, they received no penalty of any kind, and they even had the nature of the illegality hushed up. Compare that with "spygate" when McLaren were fined $100m for receiving confidential technical information from another team (Ferrari, coincidentally or not).

The performance of the Ferrari engine in all cars this year shows that when it is legal, it is probably the worst engine in F1 rather than the best.

Poor Carlos Sainz must be wondering what sort of mistake he has made with his 2021 contract. Ferrari slow and in disarray, while McLaren is in renaissance.