Thread: Team Ferrari: in F1
View Single Post
Old 13 Jul 2020, 11:08 (Ref:3987883)   #430
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerPixel View Post
Everywhere says that whatever was illegal about their PU last year is a total secret, but the Autosport F1 podcast pretty openly discussed that they were fiddling fuel flow sensors and injecting more than allowed when they knew that the sensors weren't taking a reading. Have I missed something there?
I need to listen to that podcast, but there was a few posts on F1technical.net that provided a very workable theory as to what was going on. The method in the theory would also be hard to implement with the addition of a second flow meter (as has been mandated by the FIA).

In the end, its likely that everyone knows it was illegal and how it worked, but direct evidence of its usage may be hard to prove. The method in the theory would not show up in the data. The method also could both use more or LESS fuel than the sensor reports so you could use both modes at different times and average out over a longer period of time (lap or race length ) to a flow level that is legal.

Richard