Thread: Team Ferrari: in F1
View Single Post
Old 13 Jul 2020, 14:40 (Ref:3987953)   #435
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have found the internets response to the incident somewhat interesting. Vettel, like Lewis, is one of those drivers who can do no right. Even when he is driven into by his team mate, it somehow still becomes him being the bad guy. Comments like "At least Leclerc is more humble than Vettel" being posted. People cannot help but find an excuse to hate Vettel. Similar to Lewis - he could save a child from a burning building, and the comments would be "Why not 2 children?".

F1 itself is partly responsible for this weird fanaticism that we see now. The way the radios are edited especially is extremely 1 dimensional. Building a personality around the drivers. They want drivers to have single personality traits, like they are sitcom characters. Leclerc is the likeable one, so lets portray him nicely. Even when he has a ridiculous rant and demands the Hockenheim run off be changed because he crashed - we'll ignore that because it doesn't fit our narrative. I'm not sure Charles is as squeaky clean as what he is shown as. When you strip away the way F1 portrays the drivers, Leclerc is a LOT like early Vettel. He drives well, he makes mistakes, he has rants you don't agree with, but then can do well in the media (Leclerc on game streaming is very similar to how Vettel was when he appeared on Top Gear).

I firmly believe if Ferrari don't change their management structure from the top down, they will not win a title, and Leclerc will follow the same footsteps as Vettel and Alonso before him. He'll get annoyed, he'll make stupid mistakes, he'll bottle it, and he'll end up with nowhere to go. And it'll partly be down to Ferraris inability to do basic stuff.

Leclerc can, and should win titles. But so should have Alonso and Vettel with Ferrari. And whilst you can point fingers at both of those drivers for not achieving it, you can also find plenty of Ferrari screw ups that shouldn't happen. I believe Leclerc should win a title - I just don't think it will be with Ferrari.

Max may find the same at Red Bull for different reasons. Horner is like a child with ADHD. He and Marko are fascinated with young talent. So, again, like Vettel and Danny Ric, if Max is in a seat and hasn't won a title (or even if he has), and a new young kid comes along, Max will get booted out quicker than a COVID sufferer not wearing a mask, and wondering wtf he did wrong. Meanwhile Horner will be like "Max? Max....? I think I knew a Max once".

Last edited by Akrapovic; 13 Jul 2020 at 15:01.