View Single Post
Old 26 Jun 2003, 23:44 (Ref:644209)   #15
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No one ever tires of trashing these little machines. One of their biggest problems is, they're racing in a genre where the competition is not as important as performance. We can at least give them that the finishes are more exciting than ALMS. It's very unpredictable. The ALMS, has the high performance that a sportscar fan wants. The racing, however, gets lost as the most expensive car always dominates. The only way you can make a true judgement is to pretend that GA is the only series in the world. Of course, I don't wanna. Once the amount of DPs on track doubles, GA's idea will come into fruition.

In the cars' defense, they are certainly racecars. Notice the two differant types of performance in the FABCARs and the Doran. It would seem the Doran-Chevy does better on short runs, but the FABCAR catches up when the tires are worn. Shows that you can actually tweek your car to differant variables, or performance. I think they are quite built to race.

While most of the promotions GA does for this class are slandor, I wouldn't talk too much trash about the drivers. Borchellar and Haywood have shown two differant styles of world class in these cars. Too bad their teammates can't back 'em up.

Thank you for reading my essay. ALMS still rules.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller