View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2017, 03:26 (Ref:3725674)   #408
StueyB83
Rookie

StueyB83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
Audi unveils R8 GT4

I thought the rumor a while back was that it would be a TT, but I had been thinking that with the introduction of the McLaren and the AMG GT on the way, that a TT wouldn't be "enough" with the direction the class was going.

It doesn't say in the article but I assume it has been converted to RWD.

I liked the idea of GT4 being a bit like CTSCC was with $30-60k sporty cars like the Camaro and Mustang and 370Z and Cayman, where an Audi TT and something maybe like a Mercedes SLC could fit in.

Instead, the class is basically turning into GT3 with less aero now... Not that that is necessarily a bad thing as these are cool cars, but I guess I like it when there are different models in the different classes to further distinguish them.
I think that's what many punters were hoping for - even myself - but however there are a few things to consider when you look at long established runners in GT4;

McLaren's baby car is the 570S - and road car costs similar (in the US) to Aston's Baby car the Vantage V8 - which has been a GT4 stalwart for as long as most people remember.

The BMW M4 GT4 is based off the road going M4 GTS- not a cheap car either - equivalent in price to the AMG GT base model...

I could go on and on - but GT4 also has Maserati Gran Turismo's which cost a bomb - imagine what the cheapest Ferrari will cost in GT4 $ - or pray tell any future Lambo.

Anyway - the beauty of GT4 is you can buy whatever suits your budget and as long as you do well within the BoP your in with a shot. Big spenders wont necessarily win every time.