Old 12 Jun 2018, 14:35 (Ref:3828656)   #387
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Feliks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In other forum:
Greg Locock, on 09 Jun 2018 - 06:12, said:
So since all of your designs rely on crank-like linkages, how are you going to prevent those failures? /Quote

Here in my hand the engine shaft from my new4 stroke ..

And because of the fatal mechanical distribution of the crankshaft forces, several cases of failure of the same shaft

A 8 times greater torque (first gear and differential transmission), they transfer to the wheels of the half-axle, which can be seen in the picture of the gearbox with the diverter, from the engine of which the shaft comes ...
they have a diameter of 25 mm and a long length ..
I have never seen a failure in these half-axes.
That is, to transfer 8 times more torque, this dimension is enough ..

The title is an explanation of why the classic crankshaft is a fatal construction and despite the large dimensions it bursts .. as seen in the pictures .. Here a little about the crush of such shafts, which even without load, under their own weight can be bent.

http://www.mechanik.media.pl/pliki/d..._s1148_eng.pdf

This is called the springing of the crankshaft.
On this link, how are you measuring this springs when the engine is standing. As a result of these crushing, the shafts are breaking up in the middle of their life, despite the fact that they are relatively thick ...
This causes a fatal rule of the "crankshaft" in its very construction.

http://www.full-ahead.net/Silownia/s...ezynowanie.htm

SINGLE-supported cranks have no faults. Here is an example, from a locomotive, such a one-way crank in addition, on springs, which causes additional wheel movement. The power transferred is some couple of thousand horsepower ...
I have never seen damage ...

I have never seen damage ...
So a single-sided crankshaft is no longer so emergency, because it does not have this bending, as well as its design must be sufficiently strong.

And here is my design lever, to Feliks Roller, which is basically quadruple, and can be supported on the bearing in the cylinder axis, without causing any bending of my shaft ...
Only at the ends will be full bearings determining Feliks Roller

Andrew