Thread: Onboards..
View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2009, 18:33 (Ref:2505652)   #24
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Hmm, were they stand-outs to start with, though? Or just normal races?

What swung me was watching the 1995 Brazilian and Argentine GPs. They looked like reasonable races on the review, but when I actually watched them in full, they were really dull. It wasn't that it was impossible to overtake - the cars were just so spaced out. This was the same year that the Pacifics were qualifying 10 seconds behind the front teams
But still, if current cars are close, as you say, why can't they overtake? Atleast cars could overtake then. It's hard to compare, really, but I suppose the closest thing to F1 cars in terms of technology, cornering speeds and variety of constructors etc is LMP racing - and when Audi and Peugeot floor it properly, which happens once or twice a season, it's the most exciting thing in motorsport.

The fastest single seaters are then GP2, IRL or FRenault 3.5. Both produce far better racing regularly than F1.