View Single Post
Old 4 Jun 2021, 13:42 (Ref:4054602)   #32
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
Lol how many classes, cmon guys this is crazy!!
Yeah, does seem mad to have added two more classes this year.

Lot of racing over the two days, most of which was decent. I was a little disappointed with the Supercar numbers, but the class was really close and after a few of the big names having issues on Saturday, most of them were in the mix on Monday.

Both Swift classes had some really close racing: Juniors have been great the last few years and continued that, but the Senior Swifts (although not as numerous as I'd like for an identical make class) delivered some really close racing as well.

Really strong numbers in BMW Mini and Super Retro. Was great to see the whole pack of Super Retro cars barrelling into Chessons. Retro 4WD seems like a real mishmash now. Several cars that should be in Supercar, think I'd rather just see a Group B car or two doing demo runs.

Can see how Electro can have some appeal as an entry level series. Cars were close and with a few more of them out there might be entertaining. I was disappointed not to see the STARD Supercars entered though. Think the Electro cars just reinforced the beliefs of a lot of the cynics about electric, whereas the STARD cars might have stood a chance of changing some opinions.

Shame Marc Scott didn't last the weekend, but at least Stephen Jones and Patrick O'Donovan had a bit of a race on Monday. Still think RX150 needs more numbers or to be dropped...

...and speaking of dropped: the BMW All4 class. I don't want to be dismissive of the hard work of the teams that knocked out cars, but as things stand I just can't see the point of them. Seemingly slower than the regular MINIs and, according to one of the teams on FB, costing £25K. Could surely build a regular MINI or even a half decent SN car for that money? Perhaps they will make more sense in the long term, but I just can't see the point at the moment.