Thread: IMSA: USCR 2018
View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2017, 15:29 (Ref:3749123)   #256
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorchess View Post
“This is something that we have considered but we won’t be sure whether it is feasible until we better understand the status of our core program,” Cindric told Sportscar365.

I wonder how many people will choose to ignore the meaning of that sentence.
Debatable what it means.

As I read it, he has no certainty that the Honda-powered Oreca program for 2018 is on or not. No point in worrying about testing the Oreca chassis at Petit if the company isn’t going to race it next season.

Considering this is July and Penske is Penske, I’d say that 2018 might be pretty shaky if the deal hasn’t been signed yet.

Penske isn’t about to half-4$$ any project. If he is going to the Rolex he will need to be building way before Petit. I’d think he would want an Oreca chassis next month to start measuring and cutting ... and testing.

I can’t see him getting a chassis two weeks before the Petit .... doesn’t strike me as the Penske way. This is the guy who expects everyone to show up 15 minutes ahead of schedule and wait for the meeting to start.

I’d imagine he would want to be testing the basically complete Oreca-Honda at Daytona by November

If Penske and Honda cannot get something solid in a few weeks ... hard to imagine they will be on the grid next season.