Old 13 Nov 2019, 23:10 (Ref:3940494)   #19
Everilda
Rookie

England
Birmingham
Everilda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob View Post
The 400 is not on the list of FIA homologated cars.
Can you get an FIA HTP for the 400. I presume so because the link to the 400 posted by Will says it has papers valid to 2025.
I will need to look at the period FIA International approved events.
Assuming both the 200 and the 400 are eligible for pre 66 GT events which one would be best.
There are three types of Griffith

The US 200 - looks like a MK 3 Grantura - Not eligible
The US 400 - looks like the 1800S or MK 4 Grantura - eligible - so long as it is called a 200. (has Manx tail)
The GB 200 - looks like the 1800S or MK 4 Grantura - eligible. (has Manx tail)

If you look at the list of FiA eligible cars on the FiA website the Griff is called 'Griffith 200' or simply 'Griffith'.

The white car in the advert is not a 400, it is a GB 200. Only the 200 Manx tail car is homologated.

It's TVR's fault, when they sold the car in the UK and Europe it looked like the US 400 but they called it a 200. Everybody looks at a Manx tailed car and thinks it is a 400 but it could be a GB 200.

You do not need a genuine chassis number for FiA papers, you can build a clone so long as it conforms to one of the two body shapes mentioned previously.

As I have said before Nigel Reuben is the expert in Griffiths and he obtains papers for most of the cars he builds.

http://www.nigelreubenracing.com