View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 2024, 15:31 (Ref:4202888)   #2180
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
Of far greater concern ought to be that they have now spent far too much of the budget building two chassis in time for the season and the cost cap will severely limit will limit the freedom to update as the season progresses.It would also be unwise to cut corners with the progress of next year's car.Looks like a tough season ahead.
I think this is a good point. See the comment from my post above (shown below)

Quote:
Fry says what Williams managed to do this winter was “viciously expensive”
I think this is inline with your comment that they spent too much money for not enough equipment. So to get the spares built will use money that might otherwise have been spent on ongoing development. If they operate with fewer spares over the duration of the season they can at least bring forward spares that sync up with development items. Meaning there may never be enough spares for start of season spec. But something like a spare tub (which would be valid all season) is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Williams lack of budget is still showing. I wonder if they will struggle to see out the season at this rate. Especially with the schedule this year
I think that is much more dire than their reality. I expect them to do the full season. But until they improve operational efficiency they will likely spend more money per unit output than is needed.

Also... sorry for the long winded posts recently. I need to work to trim them down. This one included.

Richard