Thread: Barton, Andy
View Single Post
Old 22 Dec 2006, 12:21 (Ref:1797615)   #50
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy (Junior?), I think the Sana HAD been used before your Dad got it in mid-1977. There were 2 built for the 76 season for Graham Eden Racing, designed by Gordon Fowell IIRC.

Cyd Williams used 1 in Indylantic that year before falling out with Eden. The drive was then taken over by Terry Perkins, brother of Larry. The 2nd car was built as an F3, and very occasionally used as such by Terry.

The 1st car remained as an Atlantic and was burnt out in the fire that engulfed Eden's workshop in early 1977. The 2nd car was sold, and built into an Atlantic, to Cal Withers Team in mid-late 76, and driven by Cyd Williams and later David Winstanley that year. Its this car, I think, which your Dad bought.

He entered it initally as a Sana, and later as the Barton, from mid-77, until mid-78 I think, when he got the ex-Ian S March 77B. The Barton then passed to David Muter, who I guess was a mate/colleague of your Dad's.

I've no idea why the cars were originally called 'Sanas', equally why the car was later designated "JTB3"???