Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 2018, 15:04 (Ref:3855690)   #3329
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
came across this pic on reddit the other day of the 2005 Indy grid.

for me its not an issue of one supplier getting it wrong (FOM should have a found a compromise to let everyone run that day).

my problem with a tire war, and what i think this picture truly reflects, is the gap between the teams who used the same supplier....particularly among those teams which share the same rubber as Ferrari.

flash forward 13 years, and we have a greater division between a works team and it's customers plus a significantly wider margin between their budgets.

in all likelihood these new 'slave' teams will use the same supplier as their works benefactor team. so if we get a tire war, i fear it will just just increase the margin between the have and have not teams.