View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2020, 15:08 (Ref:3982788)   #6
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
The Mallory breakfast was and remains the stuff of legend.

RuE

I must admit that I cannot remember whether there was a cafe/diner at Mallory when I raced there in the 60s. What I do vividly recall though is my number one mechanic always cooked a full English on an industrial type portable gas hob that he set up on the flat bed trailer that we towed the Anglia on.

We only went to Mallory on our way back from a Redex Championship race held at Oulton on the Saturdays (I don't think that "club type" races were permitted on Sundays back then), and Mallory was a convenient half-way stop over on our way back to NW London.

Anyway, my mechanic always seemed to have cooked enough food for us plus any other of the drivers and crew who were around in the Paddock when we woke up, having slept there overnight.