View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2018, 23:28 (Ref:3800118)   #42
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
If the inside wall can be moved to open up the sight line for the drivers, that would be much better still rather than relying on signalling and drivers seeing and reacting properly to it. I am not sure how the geography would work for that but as they say anything is possible.
The wall used to be further back. It was moved inwards in 1999 for safety reasons, as part of a track upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
I don't think it is overstating things to say there could have been another death on that section of track last weekend if either driver was sitting on the other side of the car. I don't know about you but I'd rather not see that happen.
Every little incident in motor racing could have had a worse outcome if one factor was a little different, what happened last weekend is not a special case.

It was a big crash, the drivers survived, the track is as safe as it has ever been. Why are we looking for issues with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4
so why are people rabbiting on about this one? Red Flagged race? or just bored and need to get out more
Totally agree.

Making noise here for the sake of it.