View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2000, 19:24 (Ref:16155)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
One that smells nicer than normal Capris because it's been owned by a hairdresser?

Sorry Peter...

Seriously, I think it's because Cologne was the base for the Ford works team for the European Touring Car campaign in the early seventies. As well as being the base of Ford's series production effort in Germany.

Of course I could be wide of the mark on one or other of the above explanations.

Possibly even both...
Generally that's correct Tim. The cars were built in Cologne to a Ford UK design. The engines were originally Weslake before Cosworth got involved and developed the GAA 3.4 litre engine.

There was a pic of one but somehow this new system has wiped it. Its still on my website though.