View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2000, 09:11 (Ref:6879)   #14
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
okok, i we all know that they race on road tracks, we aren't that ignorant. What can the rest of you folk tell us about Nascar, Auscar, Legends, Sportsmans, HQs in Australia? I really am interested in some replies here, i know i didn't get any the last time i asked...

I'm not into ragging Nascar, i love it. But to think that one of it's drivers can take on F1 is a bit silly. How many drivers come from major open wheel backgrounds (Outlaws, midgets etc don't count) and all of Stewart's history in open wheelers is on ovals. Driving a nascar around an oval and an F1 car around a road track are like apples and oranges. Everything is so very different between the two, what's in common between the two? 4 tires, an engine, and a steering wheel. (ok, theres more, but F1 is space age compared to the ol stockers.)

Why hasn't there been a stampede to F1 from Nascar? Lets face it, why do these people become professional racing drivers? They love the sport, and the money is very very good. If these guys really are the best, why don't they take on Schumacher and his pay check?

[This message has been edited by Crash Test (edited 10 February 2000).]