View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2013, 15:43 (Ref:3238460)   #40
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The big thing for Sky this year, and I don't know how much of a technology challenge it was to do, is to bring the Skypad into the paddock.

Last year it felt very remote, it could have been in London, had it not been for the fact that we knew Davidson/Herbert/McNish were on site. I think it was in London for Davidson's first appearance back after his LeMans accident.

As an evolution of this, I'd like to see at around the 40 minute to go mark, when the pitlane is at it's noisiest with the engines being warmed up ahead of the pits opening, Lazenby, Hill and Herbert, move to the Sky pad area. They are still in the paddock so will have background noise and atmosphere, with the Skypad playing the pit channel/Sky's own camera still in the pits.

They can then bring Ted on screen with breaking news/updates, or Martin's camera and hand over to his grid walk that way.