View Single Post
Old 21 Nov 2013, 00:02 (Ref:3334552)   #6
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin Schanche sold his Xtrac #1 to John Smith, who sold it to Barry Squibb, who sold it to Mike Endean, who still owns it.
Seppo Niittymäki sold his Xtrac to Ragnar Forsberg, who sold it to Vidar Sauthon. Over its remains there is some darkness. Some claimed it was destroyed in a barn fire, others claimed it went to Michael Jernberg or Sven Lestander, while I once heard it could be still with Vidar...
I think John Welch had two. If I remember correctly (cannot find the event docs in my files) they both run in the 1987 Grand Prix at Brands Hatch under John and Jonathan Palmer. One went to Kjetil Bolneset.
Don't know if the 1987 Mk3 of Terje Schie was with Xtrac 4WD and Zakspeed engine. Same with the 4WD Mk3 Norwegian Frank Jensen used in the 1987 Swedish ERC round (rent-a-car maybe).
Don't know about the 1988 Mk3 of Gunnar Kittilsen, maybe the 1987 one of Terje Schie...
Don't know if the 1989 Mk3 of Örjan Wahlund was with Xtrac 4WD, but don't think so. Its engine was defo from an RS200, with 1803cc.
Don't know what kind of Mk3 (the red one) Sven Lestander was driving. Maybe he got it from Vidar Sauthon and later Vidar took it back...
Another one missing?