Thread: BTCC BTCC 2021
View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2020, 09:34 (Ref:3996621)   #22
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXDave View Post
Good to see the table forming up, cheers.

RE PMR, have they confirmed an Astra VXR for next year? Such a thing doesn't currently exist but wondered if you've seen some confirmation they will run a new model next year?

I was actually wondering if they will run a Vauxhall at all - they seem to get almost no manufacturer support and at the 2020 Media Day, they had stripped all Vauxhall branding from 2019...

Cheers,

Dave.
Oops - that was a typo that slipped on from a previous document (VXR). I'll put a question mark against the VXR in the next update.

The team have said it will still be running an Astra. Adam Weaver - 7 Jul 20: 'It means that we’ve got even more time to develop the Astras and will come out of the blocks fighting next March!'

Is there a chance it will be a VXR?
Vauxhall still recognise the VXR brand on their website, listing past models and celebrating their history. A spokesperson is quoted as saying: 'VXR will survive; [without] six or eight cylinders and a turbocharger or two. It’ll need more efficient power sources. We haven’t lost this sporting brand, and it will remain at the forefront of performance motoring in the mainstream. [VXR] will always be a hardcore offering, with a jump in performance as well as very focussed dynamics.'