View Single Post
Old 12 May 2003, 07:27 (Ref:596629)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK. My 5 penneth.

Lotus Very fast. Ultimately the quickest chassis at every Papy circuit, with the one exception of Spa. Not a beginner's car, IMO. On shorter circuits, takes 2-3 laps to warm up. Terrific "chuckability".

Ferrari In my hands, quite a bit slower than the Lotus, but much more forgiving.

Eagle Deceptively fast, especially at Spa. But also a good chassis with which to learn a circuit and it is much easier to handle, particularly from cold, than the Lotus.

Brabham Quicker than it appears at first, but because it is so light, you have to watch your brake balance - all too easy to lock up the wheels under braking. Not a slider, IMO. I have my moments with the Brab, on some circuits I love it, on others I avoid it like the plague.

Cooper A much better (and faster) car than most give it credit for. The ideal "learner" chassis, as it is soooooo forgiving.

Honda Faster than most realise - in a straight line. Hopeless around corners as it is so poor under braking. On a fast circuit like Spa, you can really wind it up, but you're thinking of your braking piints all the time.

BRM I've not really driven it a lot, but if you're prepared to give the 'box a hard time, it can be rewarding. Having 6 gears to play with is a real pain though. Heavy and desperately slow out of slow corners.

One thing I would recommend to everyone to enhance the feeling of all the cars is to play around with your engine wavs. It makes soooooo much difference. (All psychological - but it does work). Ducwolf's (Wolfgang Buthe) latest stereo wav set is superb.