View Single Post
Old 13 Dec 2018, 13:09 (Ref:3869911)   #3099
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I suppose you could argue that any saloon / sports / GT car racing now using a period (albeit restored) bodyshell is an original car. Maybe the model or specification will have changed, however! If built from a brand new shell (like a lot of Minis and MGBs) then maybe not?

How year is your Riley, Peter? My Dad had a Brooklands Riley while at college before WW2, which thanks to Tenths I discovered still exists, even though last news was that it was a project waiting for rebuild.....
What's bewildering is all the different mechanical specifications that were apparently used in period.
Unless a car did something in period I'm not really bothered about whether the bodyshell etc. is new or old, after all there's very few old bodies that haven't had some surgery over the years.

The Riley started life as a 1937 Adelphi 12/4 (1500cc), it's not mine though. The guy who does my paintwork is meant to be sorting it for a customer but he's rather busy (on more exotic cars) and because we've had lots of Rileys in the past (two Sprites, Lynxes..) he decided it would be better to get me to sort it.

Brooklands are lovely but tiny, must be good to know that your Dad's one has survived, there are plenty that didn't make it!