Thread: Rumours 2022 Silly Season
View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 2021, 15:14 (Ref:4074096)   #352
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
but isnt Stroll also the Executive Chairman ie the top executive of AM?

he clearly doesnt treat RacingPoint and AM at arms length as seen by both the sponsorship agreement between the two (i dont know the terms but i suspect they are more then favourable because of this connection) and that his own son drives for the team. this is for the tax man to decide but i dont see how these corps can be viewed as anything other then related.

the technical term for this would be linked or associated corporations.

a parent has two children...yes these children are separate entities but the parent is still the person in charge of both of them right? cause thats what the tax man believes.

or f1 examples, the RP and AM situation is different to that of John Elkhan Ferrari CEO and his relationship with their sponsors. he doesnt have a seat on the Altira Group board and while he or his agent can treat with them they dont get to decide the internal workings of their sponsor.

or take John Malone who owns Liberty Global and Liberty Media...one of those corps technically owns F1 but the more accurate description would be that the Chairman of both of those corps ( John Malone) owns and controls F1.

imo this is just a function of how modern business is conducted.
Good post and generally right on everything you posted. Still remains that Aston Mart?*n plc is nothing more than a team sponsor. Nobody would argue that Stroll is key to both, but that doesn’t make them one and the same.