View Single Post
Old 19 May 2018, 16:53 (Ref:3823403)   #312
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...-gt-gts-races/
The good news here is that the combined races could be really awesome with near 40 cars. The bad news is that with such a big field and only two races it will be very easy for both races to be ruined by excessive yellows.

The price for tickets for this event has risen dramatically over the last couple of years with the addition of INDYCAR (which I have zero interest in.) + increased prices for all events at Road America presumably to help pay for all the recent facility upgrades. (some of which are ruining the character of the track.) I've already paid this years $140 ticket + $65 camping wristband + $40 tent camp site fee (and that's advanced pricing.)
and I'm greatly looking forward to our annual camping weekend at my favorite place on earth, but it really stings to have to pay such a high cost to see just two 50 minute races. Adding up the price for all four adult family members planning on attending, we've already spent $820 just on tickets. Additionally there is travel costs, off site campground costs for the night before the track opens, and a not insignificant double bratwurst budget!

I love Road America and I really enjoy World Challenge, but next year I think we'll have to consider all our options before ordering our tickets. Traveling a farther distance to attend a PWC stand alone event may be a more economical and enjoyable option in the future.