View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 2009, 22:48 (Ref:2526953)   #9
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I hate to say it, but Silverstone just doesn't do it for me in certain ways like Donington does. Donington actually has hills, and trees within sight of the track. Also, while the number of corners at Silverstone has more than doubled since 1950 (8 to 17 now), the only pre-existing corner that matters that will be altered is Coppice. In plan form, I think the new configuration is something of an improvement in that it gets rid of the ridiculously obvious slap-on "International Loop" that was added to bring the track up to 2.5 miles (4km). Also, Silverstone looks relatively "flat and easy" because everything has been pushed back so far from the track itself that it's hard to get real perspective around much of the lap.

DJ, Assen would be a better LMP/GT circuit than Zolder. They've added too many extra chicanes and esse bends to that particular Belgian circuit for it to provide much scope for actual racing.