View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2023, 17:42 (Ref:4179278)   #4
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My take on the 2025 vs. 2026 years as listed in that article (and I assume via FIA) is that they can join the current technical regulations and also the current Concorde agreement with them joining in 2025. Or the next spec in 2026 and the next Concorde agreement (not yet negotiated). I wonder if this was done on purpose to give them two chances to get in.

As the current teams are not happy with the $200M anti-dilution value (which I think is part of the current Concorde agreement) they may push for Andretti to enter in 2026 in which the anti-dilution value would be negotiated upwards. Who knows, maybe they will rethink the entire process on the commercial side for what it takes for a new entry. But this allows for Andretti to find a way to make it work for 2025 and if not then try again in 2026 and probably be a signatory of the new 2026 Concorde agreement (along with most likely some hefty sum of money or whatever other hoops are placed in their way)

It may make more sense for them to enter in 2025 due to commercial reasons. On the technical side, it makes more sense to join in 2026 as they would not need to make a one year only 2025 car as it will be a new technical spec for 2026.

Richard