View Single Post
Old 21 Dec 2018, 09:36 (Ref:3871768)   #85
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i don’t blame them for staying away from proper circuits. like has been said before, they’re still no faster than a formula renault and that would draw inevitable comparisons with existing single seaters that would do them absolutely no favours at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I like the circuits tbh. It's a bit different.
Street circuits can be ok (Monaco and Baku for example) - they really need to showcase the city they're in. If you're calling a circuit 'London' for example then you need to see the sights, the landmarks, the things people think of when they hear 'London'. The race in Ad Diriyah could really have been anywhere - it was all concrete, fencing and hoardings - looked more like an industrial estate than a city - the F1 track in Valencia suffered from the same problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
personally i wish they’d sort the tyres out. yes, it’s great that they run ~eco friendly long lasting road tread, but they must lose a fair amount of performance there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I don't mind the idea of the tyres, but they couldn't cope with standing water, which makes them a bit pointless.
They can do what they like with the tyres in terms of life/grip - just stop them squealing please! I guess running on those tyres is also a deliberate way of keeping speeds under control - but also encouraging racing - braking distances are increased, the cars are more 'slidy' so a mistake can cost you more. The racing itself is fine - it's the circuits, noise and gimmicks I don't like.