View Single Post
Old 28 Sep 2017, 19:20 (Ref:3770345)   #2091
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Are riley, dallara and ligier spending their joker, aka the only heavy development coin expendable once during the 4 years lmp2 spec lifespan or is a fresh FIA/ACO waiver?
The way I saw it reported was all are using their joker update. They are allowed to submit multiple revisions it seems as they are being tested against the Oreca to bring them up to that pace. It sounded like the ACO said here's your target, update your cars to it and we'll homologate that as your joker. It sounded like the ACO broke out he old 'spirit of the regs' line again for making the cars more balanced and Oreca might be stuck without getting to use theirs for building a better mousetrap. Plus I think they know if it becomes one make series the chance of them getting bids from others for the next round of LMP2 could be tough if they know going in to a 'balanced at the start' class if they're behind there's goes their business. It's tough for both cause it's supporting a worse design for being bad and the best design gets told to sit in the corner, you're too good at this. But I understand long term how having just the Oreca can lead to companies shutting down or moving on. Think like most of our tree commission appeals hearings, someone will be unhappy at the end every time and you're trying to make the fewest unhappy if possible.