View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2007, 13:51 (Ref:1839353)   #18
962gtp
Rookie

United States
Oklahoma
962gtp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, Porsche does not license this car and if you notice is not called a “Porsche 962”
I understand about wanting to own a real car, this is defiantly not for everyone; the people that have 300 grand of extra money lying around wouldn’t look twice at this car. Even then it gets you a car that no matter what in the back of the owners mind is thinking, “Do I really want to risk my very expensive car”. For me it takes the fun right out of it. That’s why so many of these cars rarely get really raced. Easy on us “Large frame guys” I’m six foot and 240# and getting in and out it the biggest problem. Surprisingly once inside it’s not too bad. It’s a little odd having a window so close to the right side of your head. But headroom is no trouble unless your much taller then the only mod you could do is mold a seat back and set on the floor of the car. Pretty hard to do a “Gurney Bubble” the door comes right over your head and it would have to be redone. The center divider can be moved over some but not a lot. There is about 18 inches per side to set if the tub is stock. Two people for me would be a very snug ride; tub is just a tiny bit less than 44 inches wide. Lets say you would have to be real friendly. It’s truly is a single seater with a great place for fuel pumps or fire systems or your ice chest.