Thread: BTCC BTCC 2021
View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2020, 15:47 (Ref:3989785)   #6
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Can't find the original story from a few years ago, but I thought it the idea was to rotate the extra round across the different circuits where possible. Maybe the plan was to have 2 rounds at Thruxton on alternate years, being BARC's home circuit.

I can understand dropping Silverstone International if they tried it and it didn't work that well, but seemingly it's been dropped without ever being used.
https://www.motorsport.com/btcc/news...ayout/4475521/

“We had a ‘spare’ round after Rockingham dropped out of the calendar after 2018, and we said we would move that event around the country. There are two visits to Thruxton in 2019, but we always had it in mind to look at other venues.

“Silverstone was keen for another round and it ticks the boxes because it has different layouts we can use. We will give the International circuit a try, and it will be great to be based out of the Wing pitlane.”