View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2016, 15:37 (Ref:3632988)   #22
smellysocks
Racer

Canada
smellysocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
As I wrote in the other thread, it's more than just a shame, it's a travesty. Mercedes claims, and I am sure that the FIA could very easily confirm the matter, that the gearbox suffered some damage due to Bottas hitting his car at turn one in Bahrain.

As the videos clearly show, and Bottas has admitted, the accident was totally his fault. Yet it is Hamilton that is being punished for something that is completely out of his hands, and over which neither he nor the team have any control over. Meanwhile, the perpetrator of the "crime" escapes scot-free.

It's plain wrong!
Mercedes confirms that the transmission failure was not related to the Bottas/Hamilton crash. They don't reveal the cause.

“Naturally when you arrive in Shanghai and find out you’re already going to be starting five places behind wherever I qualify is a kick in the goonies, but you just take it.

“Challenge is another opportunity to arise, rather than looking at the glass half empty, look at it half full.”

"Mercedes also revealed that the damage to the gearbox was not the result of his accident with Valtteri Bottas at Turn 1.

Despite that Hamilton says he has no concerns about Mercedes’ reliability.

“Not for me,” he said. “They change it and I go again. I don’t use it as a concern, I’m sure the team are focussed on it.”

Pressed as to what did cause the damage, he said: “It doesn’t really matter.”"

http://planetf1.com/news/hamilton-pe...n-the-goonies/