View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 2021, 13:24 (Ref:4035565)   #51
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Oh , it will get the casual viewers tempted not to click their remote controls as their ant like attention span wanes. In the grown up enthusiast world where most of us live , we will have to tolerate another daft gimmick to court a fickle audience . So our sport will dumb itself down - yet again- to compete with such cultural gems as Strictly Come Dancing and Bargain Hunt .
I don't know if this is sarcastic or not, but if it is not, I actually agree with you, and I wrote a very long comment about it on racefans.net. It seems unfair to me that the casual fans' opinions have to be regarded more highly than the real fans, for financial reasons, because the real fans will watch F1 whatever happens, but the casual fans will only watch it if it suits their needs. In my opinion, F1 should be kept pure and simple, and casual fans who don't like it should watch different series, like the BTCC for example, which is full of gimmicks, but always has very exciting racing. Unfortunately, this can never be the case, because F1 needs the casual fans for extra income.