Thread: Customer Cars?
View Single Post
Old 8 Jan 2021, 04:31 (Ref:4027572)   #10
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Blummin’ ‘eck do we have to be so argumentative about everything round here. Let’s take what someone posts and run with it rather have to find a bit that we can pronounce is wrong.

There are some who consider Haas and Racing Point as getting too close to customer teams as it is. Note the number of “pink Mercedes” comments. I agree that they still put a lot of work into the design themselves, but you can see what is being getting at.
I honestly don't understand what you're getting at. There are some who consider Earth is flat and a COVID19 vaccine contains a microchip with Boss Metal Zone scheme in it. Why not run with that then? Why not just make stuff up as we go along and use these "alternative facts" as arguments. That'll really improve the discussions around here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Worked well in 50s - 70s and a 3 year limit would mean teams can start racing now while they build up their design team and factory. If after 3 years youre not ready to build your own, you have to go to another category of racing.
If I recall correctly, something similar was actually considered during the final years of Max Mosley's term at FIA. Just before Caterham et al entered F1.
That could be a solution. But it seems most current teams are against even something like this right now. Every time you make a big change like that in favour of potential entrants, existing entrants feel threatened.