Thread: Paul Ricard.
View Single Post
Old 4 Nov 2008, 17:54 (Ref:2328064)   #32
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just back and i meen just back as pinion bearing on tow van started rumberling as i came off ferry at Calais last Tuesday evening.Arrived at track Thursday dinner time signed in and paid the 105 euros for lunch every day which was very nice as some of you know how much i enjoy my food. Only prob the resturant was only open from 11am to 3pm and as i dont like to eat to much before a race i did not get the best out of my 35 euros. The food was very good. Everyone was very nice at the track and very helpfull. Patrick and Louie are allways around to help and not stuck up in an office somewhere that you cant get too. Thanks guys.
I struggled to learn circuit only 3 laps in the rain in Lotus 17 and 6 laps in Galaxie.We qualafied P43 in Gentleman drivers and last or 7th in Yankee race.
Everyone met up for dinner Sat evening and i was sat next to a nice German chap and in typical Delta fashion asked him what he was doing and he explained he was organising the modern GT race. I then spent the next 30 mins telling him all about our Historic FF2000 races that we organise. At one point i am sure he said something about racing a Porsch 917 and it was'nt till Simon H then told me that it was Juergen Barth ive been talking to. "Muppett Rowley".After that i was up and dancing with a very nice Belly dancer who id met in the loo earlier If only i was 40 years younger.!!!.
Back to the track Sunday and we had finnished 22nd in the Gentleman drivers race and 4th in class Sat afternoon and i had a great Ding Dong battle with Brian Lambert in his MGB.Jims 1098 Lotus 17 is about the same in performance as the Elite and there was nothing in it performance wise but i think the Lotus being a lot lighter had the edge.We finnished 5th or second in class and last in Yankee race and i ran out of fuel again and had to wait untill the GT race had finnished for a tow back.Blooming boring watching this all singing and dancing Ferrari lap all the other cars in 30 min and missed getting on podium and collecting pot for 2nd.
Marcus Mussa was the star of Delta camp with a 4th and 5th in FJ race as well as fastest lap.It was good to get some track advice from someone who new what he was doing "thanks Marcus". I think i could of done with some tuition havent stuggled to learn a track so much since Porto last year.
Roger won 3 hour race and Simon H had a couple of wins as well i think that was it for 10 10 th drivers.
Next job was trying to get home, no one in the paddock was forth comming in towing Galaxie home so we filled up the truck with all heavy spares out of van and went for it. Lost 5th gear just past Dijon but made it to Calais on to ferry and arrived home at 3am.All in all we had a good time and nice to have all cars finnish i can now get dug in for winter with all the rebuilds then its an early spring as we head of to SA in Feb.