View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2008, 11:01 (Ref:2338237)   #16
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
I'm glad Jesper mentioned that, as I remember seeing the same pic somewhere (think I've seen a couple of fairly blurry pics that looked like screengrabs from video of the Oran race). Incidentally, in those pics, I seem to remember the car doesn't have the Evolution bodykit etc of the WTCC cars- ie looks more like the 1986 season V6/Turbo cars?

If the Oran race was in February and the car ran in the 'old' spec, then was the Evo not yet homologated, or was it a simple parts supply issue?

The Bathurst annual definitely describes the Bond car as being Luigi-built, and makes considerable reference to it being heavily reworked in Australia, including the conversion to RHD, because the team weren't happy with the state of the car as supplied. Apparently it was seriously down on power- (according to the book, the spec sheet said 320bhp, on the dyno it was allegedly nearer 200...) and the rhd conversion allowed the use of a different exhaust system which improved that situation.

I'll post the relevant quotes from the book later