View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2016, 11:20 (Ref:3618211)   #12
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bill, like many north islanders, there is huge respect at what the south Island does and has achieved, but like it or not, with a quarter of the countries' population around here, it is way too late.

When Chris Watson first showed me the proposal for HD, years before it became public knowledge or a reality, I thought that it was the answer to all our prayers. When the plans went public and people bought into the concept within a month, with all 80 units sold. Everything looked rosy.

Alas, the rest is history of course and it is the onslaught of legislation that will kill any other potential new track, accessible to Aucklanders, affordable or otherwise.

As I said, I am worried for the future and as Roger H has already explained, I think that concern is justified.

I wasn't aware of the new 4:30pm finish. It was theoretically always possible to get a better day at HD than Pukekohe, (Horses have priority so no track time until at least 10am) but what Roger has put means that if your group is the last race on the programme and there are a couple of incidents, then the last race or two may not even happen, which has the potential to ruin points series races and really brass off competitors.

I'm now even more concerned, as the implications do not really bear thinking about. Having to cut back to 5 grids a day instead of 6 is really going to kill it, as that in itself is going to push up entry fees even further. Will drivers now be asking for a guaranteed programme schedule before they even enter?

Last edited by socram; 27 Feb 2016 at 11:32.